Tuesday, 3 March 2009
2oz grated Cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp mustard powder
freshly-ground black pepper
1 medium egg, beaten
grated cheese for topping or paprika or cayenne pepper
1. Rub butter into flour until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Stir in cheese, mustard powder and black pepper.
3. Add 3 level tablespoons of egg.
4. Mix with a knife and then lightly squeeze together to form a soft dough.
5. Wrap in clingfilm and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 180'C.
7. Roll out dough to 1 cm thick and use cutters of any shape.
8. Place on greased baking tray, brush with remaining egg and sprinkle with choice of topping.
9. Bake of approximately 12 minutes until golden brown.