Tuesday, 1 May 2012
2-3 tbsps fat-free natural yogurt
8oz SR flour
3oz butter, if using unsalted add .25 tsp salt
.25 tsp paprika
1 large egg
2oz mature cheddar - grated, plus extra for topping
milk to brush tops
1. Preheat oven to 190'C.
2. Rub butter into flour.
3. Add spices and salt if using and mix.
4. Add grated cheddar and stir.
5. Mix together egg and 2 tbsps of yogurt.
6. Add to flour mixture to form a soft dough.
(Additional tbsp of yogurt can be added at this stage if necessary.)
7. Gently roll out to a thickness of 1" and cut out scones.
8. Place on a lined or greased baking tray.
9. Brush tops with milk and add additional cheese.
10. Bake for approx. 10-12 minutes, until risen and golden.