Saturday, 18 January 2014
Ginger and Lemon Fruitcake
This is the recipe I developed for the body of my Christmas Cake Snowman.
100g unsalted butter, softened
100g dark muscovado sugar
2 medium eggs
130g plain flour
1 tsp mixed spice
1 tsp ground ginger
325g mixed dried fruit
50g crystallised ginger pieces
zest of 1 lemon
1 pint pudding basin
1. Preheat oven to 140'C fan. Grease basin and base line with grease-proof paper.
2. Beat together the butter and sugar.
3. In a separate bowl mix flour and spices together.
4. Slowly add eggs to creamed mixture, alternating with the dry ingredients.
5. Fold in dried fruit, crystallised ginger and lemon zest.
6. Spoon into prepared basin and bake for approximately 1 hour & 45 minutes or until a skewer comes our clean.