Friday, 6 February 2009
80g caster sugar
2 tsp fresh lavender flowers
240 g plain flour
additional caster sugar for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 160'C and base line and grease a rectangular tin 18cm x 28cm.
2. Place all the ingredients into a processor and work to a smooth dough.
3. Press evenly into tin and prick all over with a fork, pushing all the way through.
4. Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes, until lightly coloured and firm.
5. Remove from oven and sprinkle with sugar.
6. Mark lightly into fingers with a knife whilst still soft.
7. Leave to cool and harden, then separate into fingers.
A winter alternative is to replace the lavender with orange zest.
Adapted from "The River Cottage Year".