Wednesday, 16 September 2009
Courgette Oatmeal Cake
It is a very moist cake that is best eaten within 5 days.
2.5 cups plain flour
1 cup oats
2 tsps baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
0.5 tsp ground nutmeg
6 ozs unsalted butter
1.5 cups light muscovado sugar
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
0.75 cup buttermilk
2 cups shredded courgette, drained
0.75 cup chopped nuts
A base-lined and greased roasting tin (approx 23cm x 30 cm in size)
Preheat oven to 180'C
1. In a processor, cream together the butter and sugar.
2. Add vanilla and the eggs, one at a time.
3. Mix all dry ingredients together. Then add to the creamed mixture along with the buttermilk.
4. Stir in the well drained courgette and chopped nuts.
5. Pour into tin and bake for approximately 35 minutes. Test with a skewer, cake is cooked when skewer comes out clean.
6. Leave to cool in tin.