Wednesday, 4 August 2010
Mum's Oat Cookies
2oz soft brown sugar
2 level tbsp golden syrup
4oz SR flour
1 level tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 level tsp ground cinnamon
3oz porridge oats
1 tbsp milk
1. Preheat oven to 170'C fan and lightly grease a baking sheet.
2. Place butter, sugar and syrup in a saucepan and gently heat until melted. Do not boil.
3. Sift together the flour, soda and cinnamon. Add to the syrup mixture along with the oats and milk. Mix thoroughly.
4. Place heaped teaspoons of the mixture onto baking tray, leaving room for cookies to spread, and flatten slightly with a spoon.
5. Bake for approximately 8 - 10 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Allow to cool on tray for a couple of minutes and then remove to wire rack to cool completely.