Wednesday 4 August 2010

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Crispies

These are similar to my Nana's marshmallow and toffee crispies, which were a childhood favourite of mine and are loved by my children and husband. This recipe is equally delicious and looks like becoming a family favourite.

1 cup peanut butter - I used half smooth and half crunchy (simply because I finished one jar and started another)
1 cup sugar - I used caster sugar
1 cup golden syrup
6 cups Rice Crispies
200g dark chocolate
A 9" x 13" baking tray, lightly greased or base-lined

1. Over a low heat, melt the peanut butter, sugar and syrup together in a saucepan. Stir until smooth and then remove from heat. Be careful not to overcook.
2. Mix in the rice crispies.
3. Place into a 9 x 13 baking tray. Press down to ensure the mixture is evenly distributed. I used part of a margarine wrapper to press the mixture down with as it is very sticky.
4. Melt the chocolate and spread over the top of the crispy mixture.
5. Place in refrigerator to set before cutting. I then kept the crispies, in a cake box, in the fridge to ensure that they stayed firm. Serve straight from the fridge.

Adapted from the recipe at http://morganmoore.typepad.com/one_more_moore/

No comments:

Post a Comment