Wednesday, 23 February 2011
Apricot, Pistachio and Chocolate Cookies
0.5 tsp baking powder
75g rolled oats
125g unsalted butter, softened*
75g dark muscovado sugar
100g caster sugar
1 medium egg
75g dried apricots, chopped
50g pistachios, chopped
150g milk or dark chocolate, chopped
* do not use margarine as mixture will be too soft.
1. Preheat oven to 170'C.
2. Using an electric whisk, beat together the butter and sugars.
3. Add the egg and whisk.
4. Mix together the flour, baking powder and oats and stir into the creamed mixture.
5. Add the apricots, pistachios and chocolate and mix well.
6. Place tablespoonfuls of the mixture onto a lined baking tray, allowing space for cookies to spread a little.
7. Bake in the centre of the oven for approximately 10 - 15 minutes, until lightly golden.
8. Allow to cool on tray for 5 minutes before removing to a rack.