8 oz butter or margarine
8oz granulated sugar
8oz plain flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 large eggs, beaten
Greased baking tray
1. Melt fat in a large saucepan.
2. Stir in dry ingredients.
3. Combine mixture with the eggs. Stir well.
4. Spread half of the mixture over the base of the baking tray. Thinly slice the bananas and arrange evenly over the mixture. Cover with remainder of mixture.
5. Bake in the centre of the oven at 180'C for approximately 20 minutes, until golden brown and risen.
6. Cut whilst hot and leave to cool in tray