Tuesday, 27 January 2009
Boiled Fruit Cake
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 cup water
3oz hard margarine/butter
1 lb mixed fruit
1 medium egg
2 cups SR flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1. Place sugar, water, margarine and fruit in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
2. Stir in bicarbonate of soda and simmer for 10 minutes. Leave to cool.
3. Preheat oven to 140'C (fan). Grease and line a 7" to 8" round tin.
4. Add beaten egg and flour and mix thoroughly.
5. Turn into tin and level top.
6. Bake for approximately 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean when testing.